[Mediawiki-l] Greek letters: char vs glyph?

Jim Hu jimhu at tamu.edu
Tue Aug 7 03:48:19 UTC 2007

Sigh....  my attempt to get Charinsert to insert html α etc
instead of the character was a miserable failure.
Putting α in charinsert still inserts a lovely greek letter,
but it doesn't show up as α  in the wikitext.
I'd like it to be saved in the database as α so that searching
for "alpha" finds it.

I'm guessing that I have to tweak something.  Anyone else run into this?

Jim