[Mediawiki-l] Using external HTML Tidy

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 21:43:09 UTC 2007

Azurite wrote:
> Hi again,
> So C files don't need compiling now,
I said they do.

> and there's no risk of my uploading them (somewhere) damaging other
> people's websites on our same shared server...
Not if it's correctly configurated.

> but Tidy might not even be necessary to fix my problem?
Right, read on.

> I guess I'll just refer back to my original post at this point-- my one
> infobox (on http://seventh-star.net/wikific/index.php?title=Yu-Gi-Oh)
It's always helpful.

> apparently isn't parsing the #if function correctly, even though I have
> all the necessary templates for it and I have the ParserFunctions
> extension installed and (apparently) working correctly. It displays
> whatever follows a particular #if function declares with raw HTML, both
> at the start and the end of the infobox. Is this a bug, or is it somehow
> fixable?
It's a feature. This template mixes Wikitable syntax with html table
syntax... And works! I thought Brion disabled this mixing time ago, but
it seems tidy mode let it through.

I've updated
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Infobox_animanga/Header to use
wiki tables instead of html ones. Now it should work for you.