[Mediawiki-l] Category alphabetical sorting

Nav Ail some_777 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 6 11:26:41 UTC 2007

I've seen that the collation on the field by which they are sorted in mysql is utf8_bin. I changed it for a test to utf8_general_ci but nothing changed.

Btw I've read about several such issues in 2006 in the bug tracking system and thought that may be there is already some solution but it doesn't seem  like that.

Platonides <Platonides at gmail.com> wrote: Nav Ail wrote:
> Thanks Platonides,
>
> But does that mean that there is not any easy way to that, I mean some configuration or something?
> Why the categories or members are not sorted by default?
> Is that a bug or it is just not possible?
> I would suppose that many intl. installations need this.

Usually, they are. But the sorting is probably per-ascii instead of
per-language. There may be some settings (on mysql?) to tweak it.