[Mediawiki-l] embedding meebome

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 16:58:06 UTC 2007

Chang, Sheau-Hwang wrote:
> Hello,
>

> How can I get this statement work in my page?
>
> <embed src="http://widget.meebo.com/mm.swf?twVrPzyB"
> type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="190"
> height="275"></embed>
>
> I followed instruction and installed flashow, flash, and embed_document
> extensions.  But, the beginning and ending brackets (< >) do not seem to
> be written correctly to the outputpage file.

You need to use the proper extension. If you're trying to use flash
extension, you need <flash>file=mm.swf?twVrPzyB|width=190|height=275</flash>

If using flashow extension,
<flash>http://widget.meebo.com/file=mm.swf?twVrPzyB|width=190|height=275|wmode=transparent</flash>

Embed document uses <iframe>, not <embed> so it can hardly do what you want.