[Mediawiki-l] Really confused new user re-directing to Main_Page

Ralph Hulslander rph at rovenet.com
Thu Aug 2 17:38:19 UTC 2007

I just did a install of mediawiki 3 days ago so I know absolutely nothing,
well I did get some great help on editing pages.

I know absolutely nothing about PHP.

I am having a hard time with a starting page.

After the install and initial startup of the wiki I go to:

http://mywiki.xxx:90/DHLXMLwiki/index.php/Main_Page

Ok, so I figure I can just start here and add some text and get on my way.

However I am getting to the wiki by way of a re-direct on a Windows 2003 IIS
web server to an Apache web server

on a different machine on the network.

My re-direct is set for http://mywiki.xxx/index.php/Main_Page

BUT (a big but) the URL in the browser is
http://mywiki.xxx:90/DHLXMLwiki/index.php/Main_Page/

There is no Main_Page/ so I am prompted to edit the page:

Main Page/

There is currently no text in this page, you can search for this page title
<http://dhlxml.mobiledhl.com:90/DHLXMLwiki/index.php/Special:Search/Main_Pag
e/>  in other pages or edit
<http://dhlxml.mobiledhl.com:90/DHLXMLwiki/index.php?title=Main_Page/&action
=edit>  this page.

What is the suggested way of doing a re-direct from IIS?

I have to use IIS for some other web sites at the IP address so, that I can
see, I have to use a re-direct.

This is really confusing to say the least.

Thanks for the help.

Ralph