[Mediawiki-l] Including MW via a function call

DanTMan dan_the_man at telus.net
Wed Aug 1 13:19:46 UTC 2007

I don't know about doing it though any place other than the same
directory that MediaWiki is located in, but if you take this code out
from index.php:
# Initialise common code
require_once( 'includes/WebStart.php' );

# Initialize MediaWiki base class
require_once( "includes/Wiki.php" );
$mediaWiki = new MediaWiki();

You suddenly gain access to everything in MediaWiki, all the wfMsg, and
the database, title, and other methods are available.

~Daniel Friesen(Dantman) of The Gaiapedia, Wikia Graphical Entertainment Project, and Wiki-Tools.com