[Mediawiki-l] Including MW via a function call

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 12:56:03 UTC 2007

> 1) Does this theory sound correct?
So it seems.

> 2) Assuming I need to use functions in my site's framework, what's the
> best way to make this work?
I suppose you could do some strange trickeries to avoid the function, like

<?Php
do_data()
render_page();
if ($show_wiki) require("index.php");
?>

However, i think you're using the wrong approach here.
You could allow the users to go to /wiki/ with the wiki having an Skin
to resemble your site's skin (you can even callback to your site's
code). http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Skinning

Also, if you only want to convert wikitext to html, you can use the
Parser class in your code.