[Mediawiki-l] Ldap Plugin

Peter Milburn (MIPE) pmilburn at mlcsyd.nsw.edu.au
Mon Apr 30 21:22:53 UTC 2007

Hi Guys,

I am trying to get the LDAP plugin to work but not having much joy.
I have download the latest release of MediaWiki and the
LdapAuthenitcation.php file.

This is the error I am getting.

Internal error

<password-change-forbidden>

Backtrace:

#0 /Library/WebServer/Documents/wiki/includes/SpecialUserlogin.php
(311): User->setPassword('password')
#1 /Library/WebServer/Documents/wiki/includes/SpecialUserlogin.php
(352): LoginForm->initUser(Object(User))
#2 /Library/WebServer/Documents/wiki/includes/SpecialUserlogin.php
(407): LoginForm->authenticateUserData()
#3 /Library/WebServer/Documents/wiki/includes/SpecialUserlogin.php
(103): LoginForm->processLogin()
#4 /Library/WebServer/Documents/wiki/includes/SpecialUserlogin.php
(19): LoginForm->execute()
#5 /Library/WebServer/Documents/wiki/includes/SpecialPage.php(625):
wfSpecialUserlogin(NULL, Object(SpecialPage))
#6 /Library/WebServer/Documents/wiki/includes/SpecialPage.php(431):
SpecialPage->execute(NULL)
#7 /Library/WebServer/Documents/wiki/includes/Wiki.php(182):
SpecialPage::executePath(Object(Title))
#8 /Library/WebServer/Documents/wiki/includes/Wiki.php(47): MediaWiki-
 >initializeSpecialCases(Object(Title), Object(OutputPage), Object
(WebRequest))
#9 /Library/WebServer/Documents/wiki/index.php(48): MediaWiki-
 >initialize(Object(Title), Object(OutputPage), Object(User), Object
(WebRequest))
#10 {main}

This is my config in LocalSettings.php for ldap

require_once( 'LdapAuthentication.php' );
$wgAuth = new LdapAuthenticationPlugin();
$wgLDAPDomainNames = array( "exampleNonADDomain" );
$wgLDAPServerNames = array( "exampleNonADDomain"=>"10.1.1.2
10.1.1.8"  );
$wgLDAPSearchAttributes = array( "exampleNonADDomain"=>"uid" );
$wgLDAPBaseDNs = array( "exampleNonADDomain"=>"dc=mlc" );
$wgLDAPEncryptionType = "false";
$wgMinimalPasswordLength = 1;

I am runnining this on OSX 10.4.8

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Pete

Peter Milburn
IT Infrastructure Manager
MLC School
Rowley Street
BURWOOD NSW 2134
Telephone 02 8741 3163
Fax 02 9745 3254
Mobile 0404 568 746
Email pmilburn at mlcsyd.nsw.edu.au
Web www.mlcsyd.nsw.edu.au
This email (including any attachments) is confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient you must not copy, use, disclose, distribute or rely on
the information contained in it. If you have received this email in error,
please notify the sender immediately by reply email and delete the email
from your system. Confidentiality and legal privilege attached to this
communication are not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery to you.
MLC School does not guarantee that this email or attachments are unaffected,
by computer virus, corruption or other defects. Any views expressed in this
message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect
the views of MLC School.