[Mediawiki-l] provider for mediawiki site

freie-wohnung freie-wohnung at web.de
Mon Apr 30 17:25:04 UTC 2007

Hi,
my name is marc and i'm new to this list. I'm 31 years old, wrote my diploma
thesis about knowledge management and came across wikis.

About your problem: while I was updating from mediawiki 1.5.1 to 1.9.3 I had
to chnge server from php 4 to php 5.2. to do so I wrote my provider an email
and they moved my domain to a php5.2 server. Perhaps this is also possible
with your provider.

The bugginess of php 5.1 and 64-bit systems is also mentioned here:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Upgrading_to_1.9#Check_requirements

marc