[Mediawiki-l] New Installation - page cache problem?

Charles Seelig cseelig at penrose.com
Sat Apr 28 23:08:06 UTC 2007

Hello, all.

After a seemingly smooth installation, I find that my out-of-the-box
wiki exhibits the following behavior -

When I visit http://localhost/mediawiki/, I get redirected to
http://localhost/mediawiki/index.php?title=Main_Page, which announces a
successful installation.

When I click on most any link on that main page, I get about what I
would expect.

However, when I click on the Logo placeholder at the top-left of the
page, or on the Main Page link in left navigation area, I get an empty
page - visually empty and view-source empty as reported by Firefox.
(I've confirmed the same behavior with IE.)

Only when I do a hard refresh (Ctrl-F5) will the Main Page appear with
content.

Here is the $wgDebugLogFile that results from a click on the Main Page
left-nav link -

Main cache: FakeMemCachedClient
Message cache: MediaWikiBagOStuff
Parser cache: MediaWikiBagOStuff
Fully initialised
Unstubbing $wgContLang on call of $wgContLang->checkTitleEncoding from
WebRequest::getGPCVal
Unstubbing $wgUser on call of $wgUser->isAllowed from Title::userCanRead
Unstubbing $wgLoadBalancer on call of $wgLoadBalancer->getConnection
from wfGetDB
Unstubbing $wgOut on call of $wgOut->setSquidMaxage from
MediaWiki::performAction
Language::loadLocalisation(): got localisation for en from source
Unstubbing $wgLang on call of $wgLang->getCode from
User::getPageRenderingHash
OutputPage::checkLastModified: -- client send If-Modified-Since: Thu, 26
Apr 2007 17:04:40 GMT
OutputPage::checkLastModified: --  we might send Last-Modified : Thu, 26
Apr 2007 17:04:40 GMT
OutputPage::sendCacheControl: private caching; Thu, 26 Apr 2007 17:04:40
GMT **
OutputPage::checkLastModified: CACHED client: 20070426170440 ; user: 0 ;
page: 20070425191920 ; site 20070426170440
Request ended normally

I've installed -

    MediaWiki 1.9.3
    PHP 5.2.1

Environment is -

    Windows XP
    existing mySQL: Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.37, for Win32 (ia32)

Any help will be appreciated.

Best,

C. Seelig