[Mediawiki-l] UNIQ....-QINU

Nigel Gilbert n.gilbert at surrey.ac.uk
Sat Apr 28 20:40:35 UTC 2007

Having upgraded to 1.9.3, I find that the Calendar extension that I used to
use ( http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Calendar_%28Shane%29_extended
) no longer works.  A number of users have noted this on the Discussion
page: what happens id that instead of a calendar, on gets a string like
UNIQ391290e6c0cc0c1-calendar-00000001-QINU
I have googled around, but found no clear solution.  The sanest advice
seemed to be at:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/QINU_fix
In line with this, I changed the calendar extension code from the commented
out lines to:

//        global $wgOut;
//        $input = $wgOut->parse($input, false);
        $input = $parser->parse($input, $parser->mTitle, $parser->mOptions,
false, false);
        $array = explode(' ', $input);

But now PHP complains that
[Sat Apr 28 21:23:57 2007] [error] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member
function getUseTeX() on a non-object in
/opt/csw/apache/htdocs/mediawiki-1.9.3/includes/Parser.php on line 550
And investigation in Parser.php suggests that the problem is that
$parser->mOptions is not an object as expected, but null.

I'm thrashing around here.  Can anyone give me some help to get this
working?  I can code in PHP, but don't know a lot about the mediawiki
internals.

Nigel