[Mediawiki-l] How to hide text ?

QCTX qctx at laposte.net
Fri Apr 27 16:23:01 UTC 2007

 	Hi everybody !

I'm a new french user of wikimedia.
We use it for a manga et and I've got a little problem.
There's some plots that's don't need to be directly visible
for all the peoples for we don't spoil them about the end of
the story.

So I've think that I can find a way to hide part of the text.
On french part of wikipedia, I found a usefull item to solve
my problem with using a sort of "rolling box"
(http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aide:Syntaxe#Effets_divers ,
fith row) but when I use this code in my wiki, there's no
effect
(http://yuki.haruhi.fr/index.php/Yuki_Nagato#R.C3.B4le_dans_l.27histoire
).
So I look for help into the english branch of wikipedia and I
found a little extension to show/hide text
(http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/ShowHide_Extension ) in the
MetaWiki. But my english must be too poor for I understand
exactly what to do with the source code. Where do I have to
copy it ? In wich file ? do I have enough right with my status
of sysop and bureaucrat ? Is there other ways to do this ?

In the same time I'm realy surprised to see the lack of
evident solutions (or I'm really stupid) for this type of
wiki. I mean, I'm certainly not the first one to maintain a
wiki about a manga, so I shouldn't be the first ont to ask for
this, am I ?

PS : Scuse my poor english, i'm french
(http://www.bashfr.org/?1337).

QCTX

Créez votre adresse électronique prenom.nom at laposte.net
1 Go d'espace de stockage, anti-spam et anti-virus intégrés.