[Mediawiki-l] Problem with redirect loop

Aaman D. Lamba Aaman_Lamba at infosys.com
Fri Apr 27 10:01:55 UTC 2007

Hi,

I've setup and am managing a wiki for my team, and naturally chose
mediawiki:-)

The setup, etc. went swimmingly, and some good content is being
generated. We are running mediawiki 1.9.3 on mysql 5 and IIS.

We are facing a problem wherein if someone edits a section in an
existing page (For example, the section marked See Also in the page
Beans), the following error message is displayed when the changes are
saved. Hitting F5 after the message saves the page correctly.

Internal error

Redirect loop detected!

This means the wiki got confused about what page was requested; this
sometimes happens when moving a wiki to a new server or changing the
server configuration.

Your web server was detected as possibly not supporting URL path
components (PATH_INFO) correctly; check your LocalSettings.php for a
customized $wgArticlePath setting and/or toggle $wgUsePathInfo to true.

I did rename the machine on which the wiki is running, but did not
change the directory the wiki is installed in, assume that's D:\cwiki -
the virtual directory is set to d:\cwiki, and

$wgScriptPath = "/cwiki"

Thanks,

Aaman Lamba