[Mediawiki-l] PROBLEM - PHP 5.1

Eduardo de Lagrenge lagrenge at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 08:34:24 UTC 2007

Hello to all...

I am tring to set up the WIKI engine on my server to open a major free
service to the Portuguese University Community but My server is currently
running PHP 4.4.6 and they are not wiling to upgrade as they say PHP 5.1 is
not secure and ready for production (the e-mail they send me after 2 days of
talks is in the end)

Is there any version of Wiki that runs on that version? or is there any way
to put the current Wiki version runing on that version?

Thank you

Edu

======MAIL FROM THE SERVER ADMINS======

This PHP version is more secure than you or your client will ever know. It's
the latest 4.4.x version, with mod_security rules, adding an extra layer of
protection, personally coded by me. This PHP version is secure.

Are you really trying to tell me they cant find a secure version that runs
on 4.4.6? Not true.

What do you suggest, we upgrade PHP on the entire server and have a few
hundred websites down because you want a certain version of PHP? Not going
to happen, we cant just upgrade PHP server wide, while it's not stable
enough / backwards compliant enough for CPanel servers.

So once again, find another version of the software, after testing PHP 5.x.x,
it's not ready for the production servers yet.