[Mediawiki-l] xml format for importing articles

Spilka, Daniel dspilka at techtarget.com
Wed Apr 25 15:50:19 UTC 2007

Hello all,

I need to import data from another app into mediawiki to make them into
mediawiki articles/pages. It's my understanding that this can be done by
importing xml? If so, what is the format the xml needs to be in? Can
anyone provide a walkthrough so I can create XML and import into
mediawiki?

Or is there a better way than importing via xml? Maybe manually via SQL
(but I don't know which tables/columns to populate to create a page)?

Thanks,

-Dan