[Mediawiki-l] Installing Mediawiki at 1and1 (Solved!)

rex rex at nosyntax.com
Wed Apr 25 01:23:23 UTC 2007

rex <rex at nosyntax.com> [2007-04-24 10:34]:
> The MySQL database was exported from a machine running MySQL 5.0.18
> using the command:
>
> mysqldump -u root -pxxxx --compatible=mysql40 wikidb > dumpfile.sql
>
> The '--compatible=mysql40' argument is necessary because 1and1 uses
> MySQL 4.x
>
> Any hints on fixing this error would be appreciated. 1and1 has
> phpMyAdmin installed, and I can also interact with the database via
> MySQL commands from the shell command line.

The solution was to upgrade the local instance of Mediawiki to 1.9.3
following the instructions at:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Upgrading_to_1.9

and then use mysqldump to export the database again. After FTPing it to the host,
importing it to a new database, and running the Mediawiki install again,
it works -- except images. Using Krusader to mirror the local images
directory tree to the new host wiki images directory fixed that problem.

-rex
--
The liberty of the individual, which is rightfully one of the proudest
possessions of the American people, is largely a freedom from