[Mediawiki-l] RecentChangesCamp Montreal / "RoCoCoCamp", 18-20 May 2007

Evan Prodromou evan at prodromou.name
Mon Apr 23 14:06:21 UTC 2007

Hi, everybody. I'm writing to invite _everyone_ on this list (who hasn't
already received a personal invitation) to come to RecentChangesCamp
Montreal the 18th through the 20th of May, 2007.

RecentChangesCamp is a world-wide "unconference" for wiki technologists,
wiki users and wiki admins. We also invite people from related
technology and community practises, looking for common ground on
community, collaboration, and self-organizing behaviour. The event is
free of charge for all participants.

        http://www.recentchangescamp.org/
        http://www.rocococamp.info/

RecentChangesCamp Montreal ("RoCoCoCamp") will be held in Montreal,
Quebec in May. It will be a three-day conference with the agenda set by
the participants, using [[Open Space Technology]]. No keynotes, no
hours-long slide presentations, no conference tracks: the emphasis of
RecentChangesCamp is on bringing together smart, talented people for
productive, peer-to-peer talks. That means hackpits, group design
sessions, other hands-on stuff: we set the agenda together, so we do
what we want to do.

It's great. It's the conference you always wanted to go to.

If you would like to attend, please sign up on our wiki:

        http://www.rocococamp.info/Participants

As you can tell, some well-known MW developers will be there, and we'll
be doing cool stuff.

We're arranging lodging for a variety of budgets (from couch-surfing to
the Hyatt). Travel to Montreal can be inexpensive; Europeans are
encouraged to look at discount Transatlantic flyer Zoom Airlines.

Please check out our wiki if you have any questions; also feel free to
contact anyone in our all-volunteer organizing group. You can write to
me directly or call my cell phone (+1-514-554-3826). This is going to be
a great event and you're going to be bummed if you miss it.

Thanks,

-Evan