[Mediawiki-l] Creating Link in mediawiki to php file on server

Ryan Alexander ryana83 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 08:38:39 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have another system outside of my wiki that I sometimes reference. The
objects that I reference have a unique attribute and are controlled by
revision history similar to mediawiki's revision history methodology. This
system runs on a server other then the server I run my current mediawiki
implementation.

So generally I would specify something like
http://www.thisismyserver.com/script.php?number=12345,  I have uploaded the
script.php onto the mediawiki server and am trying to reference it from
inside the wiki, and this is where I am failing. I have tried all sorts of
thing like interwiki links but it just doesnt work. (I don't want to switch
on rawHtml for all the security reasons, and I don't want my users needing
to understand html! after convincing them that they don't need it!).

I know in the near future I will be moving my wiki to another server, which
is why I don't want to write in [
http://www.thisismyserver.com/script.php?number=12345 Link to Document
12345] in my article (It would be a night mare to go through and update all
of this!

Does anyone have any idea's I could work on?

Thanks,
Ryan