[Mediawiki-l] I can't get MW 1.7.1 installed

Blast neryver at infomed.sld.cu
Tue Apr 24 02:14:57 UTC 2007

Hi everybody, I recently installed Debian and I'm trying the MediaWiki
in the repo but every time I try, it give me this messages, wich I can't
understand.

I'll apreciatte if you can guide me ;)
tnkx B.

  MediaWiki 1.7.1 Installation

    * *Don't forget security updates!* Keep an eye on the low-traffic
      release announcements mailing list
      <http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-announce>.

    Checking environment...

/Please include all of the lines below when reporting installation
problems./

    * PHP 5.2.0-10 installed
    * Found database drivers for: MySQL
    * PHP server API is apache2handler; ok, using pretty URLs
      (index.php/Page_Title)
    * Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
    * PHP's memory_limit is 16M. *If this is too low, installation may
      fail!* Attempting to raise limit to 20M... ok.
    * Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
    * Neither Turck MMCache <http://turck-mmcache.sourceforge.net/> nor
      eAccelerator <http://eaccelerator.sourceforge.net/> nor APC
      <http://www.php.net/apc> are installed, can't use object caching
      functions
    * Found GNU diff3: /usr/bin/diff3.
    * Found ImageMagick: /usr/bin/convert; image thumbnailing will be
      enabled if you enable uploads.
    * Installation directory: /var/lib/mediawiki1.7
    * Script URI path: /mediawiki
    * Environment checked. You can install MediaWiki.

      *Generating configuration file...*

    * Database type: MySQL
    * Attempting to connect to database server as root...
      *Warning*: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid
      MySQL-Link resource in
      */usr/share/mediawiki1.7/includes/Database.php* on line *620*
      A database query syntax error has occurred. The last attempted
      database query was: "(SQL query hidden)" from within function "".
      MySQL returned error "1045: Access denied for user
      'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) (localhost)"