[Mediawiki-l] How to avoid intermediate page

Fernando Correia fernandoacorreia at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 20:37:07 UTC 2007

Our users are annoyed with the successful login confimation page. They
are demanding that instead of showing the page and forcing them to
click on the link or wait 10 seconds, the target page be displayed.
This way, response time will improve and so will usability.

I'd like some help, if possible, on a way to make the output of a page
go to $wgOut, but following all steps that would be followed if the
page were served normally. I mean, without taking some shortcuts that
might make it to parse differently.

I would change function successfulLogin() in SpecialUserlogin.

Now it calls, among other things:

$wgOut->returnToMain( $auto, $this->mReturnTo );

I'd like to change this to put into $wgOut the correct output for the
page with the title $this->mReturnTo.

Any hint will be appreciated.