[Mediawiki-l] bilingual Wiki

John Moorhouse john.moorhouse at 3jays.me.uk
Thu Apr 19 15:29:35 UTC 2007

We are using an implementation of mediawiki to provide policy and
procedure documentation to staff, it is a 'half open wiki' in that we
are using the 'stableversions' extension to mark a version of each page
as 'appoved' which is the default shown to staff if they are not logged
in, whilst still allowing them to make changes / updates to the next
version if they are log in.

This works fine internally but we have been asked to look at using an
externally facing wiki to host a set of policy & procedures that will be
shared by a number of statuary organisations, the only real problem with
this is that anything that we make visible externally needs to in both
English and Welsh.

All of our editors would be working in english, so we would develop and
approve in English and then translate to welsh.

Has anyone any recommendations on how we could achieve this particularly
with a need to know when pages have been changed and so require
re-translating.

Thanks

John