[Mediawiki-l] IMG_AUTH on IIS

Jack D. Pond jack.pond at psitex.com
Wed Apr 18 17:44:31 UTC 2007

Please, no screams and moans.  I acknowledge I'm an idiot for trying to do
this instead of switching to Apache.

I'm trying to implement IMG_AUTH on an IIS machine.  The problem I'm having
is mapping a subdirectory to a php script (I've already figured out the
issues with PATH_INFO).  Is there:

1.	Anyone out there who has successfully done this
2.	Anyone who knows if this is not possible and can save me the time
and effort.

While this is solely an IIS problem, I cannot figure a way to do the
equivalent of the httpd.conf command:

"Alias /MediaWiki/images  /path/to/img_auth.php"

Thus allowing img_auth.php to stream any requests sent to the server, eg.

http://wiki.montcopa.org/MediaWiki/images/01/01/example.txt

Please note the way img_auth works is to use the PATH_INFO environment
variable (which would be anything after MediaWiki/images/ in this case) to
parse and stream the file to the requestor.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Jack D. Pond
CIO, Montgomery County, PA

"Technology is a tool that implements your will, it is not a structure that
dictates your actions." -- Jack Pond