[Mediawiki-l] ProtectSection.php extension

Jim Hu jimhu at tamu.edu
Tue Apr 17 16:53:08 UTC 2007

I meant to do this months ago but just got around to it today.  I put
a page for ProtectSection.php up on mediawiki.org

	http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ProtectSection

it links to the svn version and has the code for my modified version
on the page.  Originally written by ThomasV... I just tweaked it.

For those who don't already know, ProtectSection.php allows you to
block editing of text between <protect></protect> tags from editing
by anyone who is not a sysop or a bureaucrat (these group permissions
can be modified in the code).  My modification suppresses the section
edit link for subsections inside protect tags - it may not work
properly with caching, but I don't have squid running for my wikis so
I can't test that.
Jim Hu
Associate Professor
Dept. of Biochemistry and Biophysics