[Mediawiki-l] Template performance (speed)

Eric K ek79501 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 04:11:33 UTC 2007

If we have long articles on the wiki, that use a template many times, would it help to improve the speed/performance of the page rendering if I didnt put in extra "noinclude" stuff on the template page?
  I've often wondered why Wikipedia often doesnt have the Template usage details or description on the template page, and why it has this stuff on the Talk page of the template.

  Any existing article or source that talks about this? Or, it might not be an issue and I dont have to worry about anything.

  thanks
  Eric