[Mediawiki-l] need help with skin edit

revansx at cox.net revansx at cox.net
Mon Apr 16 18:20:46 UTC 2007

I am a new to CSS and am a wikiSkin novice and have become dizzy trying to figure out how to make a simple change to my default mediawiki skin. Could someone please help me with a (hopefully) simple skin modification.....

...using the Monobook (default) skin (mediawiki 1.6.10), I look at the "view source" of one of my articles and I see each of the "editable" sections is contained with the "<div class="editsection" style=""...><h#>...</h#></div>" tags.

what I wish to do is make the background of this DIV section a color which is determined by the heading depth...i.e. <h1> is darkest and <h2> is lighter than <h1> and so forth.

between all the .tpl files, .js files, .css files and everything else that goes into one skin...i am lost. Could someone give me some pointers, please.

thanks,
- rich (revansx)