[Mediawiki-l] MYISAM or InnoDB best for Mediawiki?

Domas Mituzas midom.lists at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 20:34:15 UTC 2007

> I copied the whole mysql directory, manually. A practice i used for
> years, because mysqldump is very lunatic.

lunatic? what is wrong with it?

Copying the directory manually (with a running server) isn't
something what people should do. Of course InnoDB may refuse to
start, as you're having inconsistent snapshot.

> After a system crash I recovered the old Wiki but not  the new one.
> That is very bad, how could I be aware of this innodb things ?

Have you ever tried what happens when you shoot a bullet into your
head? :) To some people that also turns out to be bad.

--
Domas Mituzas -- http://dammit.lt/ -- [[user:midom]]