[Mediawiki-l] SpecialPages inquiry

Steve Finkelstein sf at stevefink.net
Sun Apr 15 19:51:52 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Hope this is the correct mailing list for issues with writing
SpecialPages. I'm looking to get the rudimentary concepts down so I can
continue to write internal tools for my team revolved around Special
Pages. Currently as aforementioned in prior posts, I have internal LDAP
tools written in PHP to assist employees in basic necessities such as
changing their passwords. I'd like to extend that functionality through
simple HTML forms + PHP using Special Pages. Before bothering getting
the tools ported, I'm having issues with the basic templates. Here are
the three files I have created:

http://stevefink.net/mediawiki/

This is as per: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Writing_a_new_special_page

When I include the extension in LocalSettings.php, the following error
is being generated by PHP:

Apr 15 15:38:37 argon httpd: PHP Fatal error:  Non-abstract method
ldaptools::SpecialPage() must contain body in
/www/wikidev.medlime.net/extensions/ldaptools/ldaptools_body.php on line 11

Thanks folks!

- Steve