[Mediawiki-l] Mailer configuration problem?

Sandy Rozhon srozhon at oh.rr.com
Sat Apr 14 03:07:25 UTC 2007

I implemented the extension NewUserNotif to send the Admin
notification when a new user registers however I am now getting an
error email with this subject line:  "Mail failure - rejected by
local scanning code"

The returned mail seems to have the subject and body formed properly
but the FROM address appears to be malformed in that it has
wikiadmin at www.mydomain.com  <---- note the WWW that shouldn't appear
in an e-mail address.

I can't figure out where Mediawiki's mailer or the NewUserNotif
extension is getting that www from.  Maybe it doesn't even matter and
there is some other problem?  The text of the error message is:

A message that you sent was rejected by the local scanning code that
checks incoming messages on this system. The following error was
given:

  local configuration problem

Anybody have any idea what is going on here?  The extension itself
seems to be working but I'm not receiving the notification cleanly.

Sandy