[Mediawiki-l] A more advanced editing toolbar

Azurite azurite at seventh-star.net
Fri Apr 13 22:37:12 UTC 2007

Hi,
I've been looking around sometime now, trying to find a way to get a
more advanced editing toolbar installed on my Wiki, which is running on
1.6.10 (due to my server's unwillingness to upgrade to PHP5). I found
the MediaWiki page about Commons.js and tried to grab the portion
related to the toolbar and put it on my own Wiki's Common.js page, but
it didn't seem to have any effect, and I'm wondering if it's because I
got confused about the "instructions."
Here's my page:
http://www.seventh-star.net/wikific/index.php/MediaWiki:Common.js
Is it possible to get the more advanced toolbar working, whether it's
through a fix (of something I messed up on/misunderstood) or some other
method? I'd really appreciate any help anyone could offer on this
matter. I just need a more advanced toolbar that simplifies the process
of creating and editing tables, primarily.
Thanks.
-MSweet