[Mediawiki-l] Tabbed data extension

Ian Smith ismith at good.com
Thu Apr 12 17:57:09 UTC 2007

Frederik Dohr:

> Sounds great, Ian - this will definitely ease the pain of creating
> simple tables!

Cool, I hope it's useful.

> When I have some time, I'll look at the code to allow some simple cell
> formatting, like defining column or row headers. (Maybe that's even
> possible already; I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.)

No, it doesn't do that yet; I can't think of a way to do that kind of
stuff that doesn't end up being about as complex as the Wiki markup.
But if you come up with something, please let me know!  Probably the
best place to discuss this is the extension's talk page, though.

> You might wanna think of another name for this extension though; the
> current name makes it a bit hard to immediately grasp this extension's
> purpose. (The term "tabbed" is reminiscent of things like "tabbed
> browsing", which might be misleading.)

Hmmm, good point...

Ian