[Mediawiki-l] What Wiki are we each working on?

Sylvain Machefert iubito at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 07:27:54 UTC 2007

I own a wiki called "Tous aux Balkans" (in French it's a play of word,
meaning "Everybody to the Balkans")
http://tousauxbalkans.jexiste.fr

It contains folkloric song lyrics and music notes (scores) from
Central/Eastern Europe, the Balkans, and more (Turkey, Armenia, Israel...).
They are categorized by country or area, rhythm (there are plenty of typical
rhythms in thoses musics ! I love that !), style/genre and dance, sometimes
also by featured instrument, and artist who sing/play that music.

I created this wiki to organize audio, video, lyrics and scores I collected
here and there, on various websites, in workshops I take part (I play
accordion and sing), exchanged with friends...
So I can share what I learned in workshop with other friends, and together
we can help each other, one translating, another telling what kind of dance
it is...

Technically...
It's default lang is french, some message are translated into english when
user change it's prefered lang, but some names (especially categories) are
still in French.

An article is made of song lyrics, translitteration if needed (for greek,
cyrilllic alphabet), translation (french, english, german), medias (pdf,
midi, view/play/transpos/.../printable score with a mac/win plug-in, mp3,
video), and sometimes explanations (notes), chord grid.

I wrote several extension for this wiki, I published them on mediawiki.org :
- youtube video
- google video
- mp3 (plays a mp3 using a very light flash swf)
and other not published yet :
- dailymotion video
- draw a chord grid (for example here :
http://tousauxbalkans.jexiste.fr/All_of_me )