[Mediawiki-l] Any leads on a basic wiki setup-and-configure instruction manual?

Fred Bauder fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Wed Apr 11 19:52:05 UTC 2007

>I see why Fred suggested
>Google as a better MediaWiki/WikiMedia/Wikipedia search master, perhaps
>more so than MediaWiki/WikiMedia/Wikipedia searching within itself.  I'm
>getting the feeling that MediaWiki is w-a-y less mature or sophisticated
>than it's notoriety and popularity suggests.

Actually my suggestion is if you have a question which involves say, wgSpamBlacklistSettings that before you come to the list, you can probably see some discussion, and the parts of MediaWiki it is included in, by googling for it. That will allow you to try to figure things out on your own. If you have the usual questions, someone has asked them before.

As to sophistication, there are types of sophistication, I doubt most the MediaWiki crew would get far in the Federal bureaucracy, but there you go. This list seems to be heavy sledding for you, but I'm sure you're a pretty sophisticated guy, just not experienced in every conceivable aspect of life.

Fred