[Mediawiki-l] Any leads on a basic wiki setup-and-configure instruction manual?

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 18:37:55 UTC 2007

On 11/04/07, Monahon, Peter B. <Peter.Monahon at uspto.gov> wrote:
> think.  Who are the select few here who are not volunteers, who have to
> help me, presumably for pay?  Seriously.  I've got questions for them
> (or anyone):

There is no-one paid to support third parties using MediaWiki. All
support on this mailing lists comes from people who volunteer to do
it.

> How do you create an admin or sysops after the Wiki's built?

* Register accounts in the usual fashion
* Promote the accounts with the user rights interface
(Special:Userrights, need to be logged in as the bureaucrat user
created during the installation process)

> ... and, I've got w-a-y more MediaWiki questions at

Then post them here. That's how a mailing list works.

Rob Church