[Mediawiki-l] Uploaded image with a plus sign in the name

Alejandro Exojo alex at disperso.net
Mon Apr 9 12:20:25 UTC 2007

Hi.

Yesterday I uploaded an image and, unfortunately, I named
it "Holsten_Lemon+.jpg". I completely forgot that '+' is a special character
in URLs.

The upload went fine, and there was no error message, but when I was
redirected to the Image page Image:Holsten_Lemon+.jpg, I got redirected
to "Image:Holsten_Lemon_.jpg" (underscore instead of a plus). But the page
says there is no file with this name, and the page title is "Image:Holsten
Lemon .jpg" (space instead of a plus).

I can see the image correctly in the gallery of new files:
http://disperso.net/Special:Newimages, and I can link to it too, but I can't
see the the Image page in any way.

First: What should I do? I prefer to delete the file and upload it with a
proper name, but I don't know how to do it. If I delete the file in the
server, I suppose that some tables of the database have to be fixed, but I
don't know which ones.

Second: It's a bug? I don't know if MediaWiki should allow upload a file with
this name, but if it does, it should show it properly, isn't it?

Thanks in advance. Any suggestion is welcome.
--
Alex