[Mediawiki-l] FYI: MediaWiki extensions developed by Brockhaus

Mathias Schindler mathias.schindler at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 22:27:19 UTC 2007

Hi,

some of you might already know it from IRC or the news. The
Bibliographisches Institut & F.A. Brockhaus AG, publishing some of the
best-known general purpose encyclopedias in the German language has
started a web site last year that contains the full text of the
"Meyers Taschenlexikon", a paperback small-to-medium size reference
work mostly aimed at students. lexikon.meyers.de is the url. In the
first weeks of its existence, they "forgot" to mention that this site
is running MediaWiki (stripped of any Wiki functions).

In fall 2006, I met the CEO of the electronic/online department of
Brockhaus during the book fair in Frankfurt on a discussion panel. He
promised to release all the modifications they did to MediaWiki under
the GPL. A few weeks ago, they set up an SVN server where they had
published those modifications
http://lexikon.meyers.de/meyers/Meyers-SVN

The description says GPL 2.0.

(didn't I mention this earlier on somewhere else? Sorry, if this is a dupe)
Mathias