[Mediawiki-l] [Foundation-l] Red category link is unhelpful

Jim Wilson wilson.jim.r at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 11:48:19 UTC 2007

On 4/4/07, Rob Church wrote:
> That's a nice assertion, because I don't recall seeing "what is going
> on with categories?"-type FAQ pertaining to this issue.

I said it's _possible_, not _likely_ - I was thinking of the case where
Wikipedia might differ from the default.  Should have made this more clear
:(

> A change to the established, existing behaviour, "because we can" will
> confuse and irritate people who have become accustomed to how
> MediaWiki "just works", so the default *should* be to continue as
> normal.

I agree - I don't think anybody is advocating a "because we can" feature
enhancement.  There are definite, describable arguments for and against
implementing the functionality and for and against making it the default.

-- Jim