[Mediawiki-l] timestamps

Ian Smith ismith at good.com
Tue Apr 3 15:18:15 UTC 2007

Frederich, Eric:

> Great, thanks.  That was an easy enough answer.

You're welcome.

> I am unfamiliar with UTC time and whether or not that takes daylight
> savings time into account.

UTC is (essentially) the same as GMT, and never has daylight savings;
it's the basis for all world time.  (See
http://www.hermit.org/Eclipse/when_time.html for insane detail.)

> I live in Florida in the US Eastern Time zone.  If I leave it at -5
will
> it take daylight savings time into account or do I need to do that
> manually?

You got me.  My server, on Windows, seemed to adjust automatically; but
someone else will have to tell us how it knows what your country's
daylight savings rules are.

Ian