[Mediawiki-l] timestamps

Frederich, Eric P21322 eric.frederich at siemens.com
Tue Apr 3 14:10:42 UTC 2007

Hello,

I seem to be having some problems with timestamps on our Wiki.

When on the Unix machine which serves our Wiki, if I run the "date"
command, it displays the correct date and time.
When I create a sample PHP file to echo the date (echo "The time is : "
. date("H:i:sa");) it shows the correct time.
When I make an edit in our Wiki, the dates are 4 hours ahead of time.  I
made an edit at 10:03am and on the recent changes page it says I made
that change at 14:03.

I am having a similar problem with my Wordpress blog except the weird
thing is that they're not off by the same amount.  In fact, the blog has
timestamps of 1 hour earlier as opposed to the 4 hours later that the
Wiki is saying.

Where could I be having my problem with the Wiki?
Does PHP rely on the underlying system's date command or do I need to
configure something?  Like I said, it seems to be correct when I echo
date("H:i:sa") in PHP.

Thanks,
~Eric