[Mediawiki-l] Cookies failing to read.

Edward Schache E.Schache at speedwell.com.au
Tue Apr 3 00:49:00 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I have recently setup MediaWiki for an internal wiki at work.

The wiki is running on windows 2003 with the latest (as of a week ago)
MySQL and PHP.

I have created several users and disabled anonymous editing.

I have set a domain for the cookies which appears to be correct.

I have set an expiration of +3years.

The wiki is similar to wiki.internaldomain.com  and the cookie domain is
set to ".internaldomain.com"

When I log in to the wiki the cookie gets set correctly and the page I
get redirected to shows my user name (correct for different users). If I
then refresh this page (or if the page takes a while to load eg.
Manually accepting the cookies) then I am not logged into the system. It
is as if the wiki is failing to read the cookie although it exists.
Secure is set to false on the cookies and the expiration is 3years in
the future (I overrode the default expiration).

Thanks in advance.

Ed