[Mediawiki-l] Positioning a Mailto: link below an info box

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Sun Apr 1 23:49:55 UTC 2007

I suspect you meant "mailto:" in the abstract, rather than using an
actual "mailto:joe at foo.bar.com" type of URL.

If you put your user's actual email addresses in the text of any web
page, they will hate you, as that is one of the main ways spammers
harvest email addresses. I had someone put a "role" email address
(like "info at foo.bar.com") on a wiki page that way, and within a week,
we had to abandon that address as it had become overwhelmed with spam.

:::: Jan Steinman, Communication Steward, EcoReality: http://
www.EcoReality.org ::::
:::: 160 Sharp Road, Salt Spring Island, BC V8K 2P6, Canada,
250.537.2024 ::::