[Mediawiki-l] Mediawiki Moved Permanently URL Problem

Jonathan J. Reinhart jreinhart at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 22:59:20 UTC 2007

Hello,
      I installed Mediawiki for a friend and a weird problem has happened
with his URL.  He has mydedham.org and the wiki is mydedham.org/wiki (or
wiki.mydedham.org).  However, when you go to that URL it actually takes you
to mydedham.org/~mydedham/wiki.  I had the people who handle my server look
into this and they said a redirect exists at mydedham.org/wiki.  They said
it is a script issue.
      Below is what happens in the script.  Does anyone know how to fix this
so that mydedham.org/wiki does not go to mydedham.org/~mydedham/wiki?

GET http://mydedham.org/wiki --> 301 Moved Permanently
GET http://mydedham.org/wiki/ --> 301 Moved Permanently
GET http://mydedham.org/~mydedham/wiki/index.php/Main_Page<http://mydedham.org/%7Emydedham/wiki/index.php/Main_Page>-->
200 OK

Thanks,
Jonathan

--
Thanks,
Jonathan J. Reinhart - jreinhart at gmail.com
Vice Chair, Dedham Public Library Board of Trustees

"My home is where I have my library."-Erasmus