[Mediawiki-l] Apologies for repost but I need help with this ASAP

aemory at earthlink.net aemory at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 28 12:53:53 UTC 2006

I have MW running on a Mac and it only took about 5 minutes to get it running, perfectly.

Are you running MW1.7 - did you install PHP5? That might be a silly question. I don't know what would happen if you tried to run MW 1.7 with PHP4. would it run but oddly, or would it not work at all.

Interesting - I have loaded PHP5 onto the Mac, but, seems Apache Server keeps turing PHP4 on. What effect this is going to have on MW 1.7, I don't know. I have to track that down.

I run MW 1.6.~ page names with spaces get changed to include an underscore - so a wiki page named foo bar would become foo_bar and need to be referenced as [[foo_bar]], but, still displayed as foo bar.

Not sure if that is helpful - could point you in a direction.