[Mediawiki-l] User and Group Question ...

KlinT klint at klintcentral.net
Wed Sep 27 17:02:04 UTC 2006

Hi All,

Well, I'm new to MediaWiki ( previously using MoinMoin WiKi ) ... and
now using the latest 1.7.1 version ...

I'm trying to setup security and I cannot understand how to implement
this ... I've read many many docs over the internet and it seems that
this is not completely implemented right now.

Here are the questions I have :

- How can I affect users to a special group ? cannot see any
reference in the mysql "user" table ...
- How can I restrict access for reading/editing to pages or group of
pages for a specific user or group of user ?

Many thanks,

Best regards,

Arnaud.