[Mediawiki-l] just removing title of main page

Justin Morgan JMorgan at d2hawkeye.com
Fri Sep 22 13:21:59 UTC 2006

>Similar question to Dinth's, but rather than actually rename the "Main
>Page", how can I not have the page display the words "Main Page".  I
would
>like the sort of effect that Wikipedia has that the Main Page is called
>main page but does not display the words.  See
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Add the following code to your monobook.js file
[[Mediawiki:monobook.js]]:

/* BEGIN */
// Remove "Main Page" title from just that page
var mpTitle = "Main Page";
var isMainPage = (document.title.substr(0, document.title.lastIndexOf("
- ")) == mpTitle);
var isDiff = (document.location.search &&
(document.location.search.indexOf("diff=") != -1 ||
document.location.search.indexOf("oldid=") != -1));

if (isMainPage && !isDiff)
{
document.write('<style type="text/css">/*<![CDATA[*/ #lastmod, #siteSub,
#contentSub, h1.firstHeading { display: none !important; }
/* END */

-Justin

PRIVACY NOTICE

This email and any attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. Use of the information contained in this email by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this email.