[Mediawiki-l] just removing title of main page

Alexis Moinet alexis.moinet at fpms.ac.be
Thu Sep 21 15:32:06 UTC 2006

Hugh Prior a écrit :
> Similar question to Dinth's, but rather than actually rename the "Main
> Page", how can I not have the page display the words "Main Page".  I would
> like the sort of effect that Wikipedia has that the Main Page is called main
> page but does not display the words.  See
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

two ways for this : a javascript or a modification of monobook.php :

see the archives of the mediawiki mailing-list (and follow the threads) :

http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/mediawiki-l/2006-June/012748.html

to make things shorter :

in monobook.php change :

<h1 class="firstHeading"><?php $this->text('title') ?></h1>

into

<?php if($this->haveData('title') != wfMsgForContent('mainpage')){ ?>
<h1 class="firstHeading"><?php $this->text('title') ?></h1>
<?php } ?>

OR change something in MediaWiki:Monobook.js (javascript) (everything is explained in the threads above)