[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki Logs.

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Mon Sep 18 15:35:31 UTC 2006

joshua seagroves wrote:
> Hey All,When we going to start using the corporate mailing list, come on
> guys?

You could try posting on it instead of here... ;)

> Anyways, I heard somewhere MW 1.7
> has easy ways to create logs like the delete log and such. Can someone point
> me in the right direction? I need to make a custom log so when a user with a
> specific role saves a page its tagged in a log.

Take a peek at the new user log extension for an example of a custom logging action:

http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/extensions/Newuserlog/

See the entries for $wgLogTypes et al in DefaultSettings.php for documentation
on their format.

See documentation/hooks.txt for the list of hooks; you could hook into various
page save actions to see when to save your log thingy.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)