[Mediawiki-l] File archive?

Juhana Sadeharju kouhia at nic.funet.fi
Mon Sep 18 10:30:08 UTC 2006

Hello. Can Mediawiki be used to create something like:
  http://www.tessource.net/files/
  http://nwvault.ign.com
  http://www.fileplanet.com

What other GPL software could be used?

There are many similar game related file sites. I'm looking
a possibility to set up yet another service because all the sites
have problems. All offer downloading one file at a time -- we can
offer additionally an ftp download, making it easy to download all
the files in one go. Most of the sites require registration -- we
have anonymous ftp/http. Many sites also have annoying pop-up
advertisements -- we have none.

I recently purchased a game for which the sites have thousands of
additional files. While not every file is interesting, I greatly
would value a download service from which I may download all the
files in one go. Just like I download my Linux distribution files.

Juhana