[Mediawiki-l] Help.

Jono Bradley jono.bradley at ntlworld.com
Fri Sep 15 15:45:44 UTC 2006

Ok Heres my problem.

I've been in contact with my hosting service and ImageMagik is installed and
as far as they can see everything should be working. I've been into the
local settings and set it so its should be on here's what LocalSettings.php
is set as at the moment:

## To enable image uploads, make sure the 'images' directory
## is writable, then set this to true:
$wgEnableUploads  = true;
$wgUseImageResize  = true;
$wgUseImageMagick                  = true;
$wgImageMagickConvertCommand = '/usr/bin/convert';

## If you want to use image uploads under safe mode,
## create the directories images/archive, images/thumb and
## images/temp, and make them all writable. Then uncomment
## this, if it's not already uncommented:
$wgHashedUploadDirectory = false;

Now they say thats completly right as far as they no. And because it isnt
working I should contact the script author. And As I dont know who that is I
thought I'd come back to you guys.

Now I go into the Gallery of New files on my wiki
(www.startrekprotection.com/wiki) as its the easiest way to check if its
working or not and for each image it cant re-size it comes up with this
error message.

Warning: shell_exec(): Cannot execute using backquotes in Safe Mode in
/home/Jono/domains/startrekprotection.com/public_html/wiki/includes/GlobalFu
nctions.php on line 1615

Now I've been into GlobalFunctions but for the life of me can't figure out
what it is I have to do to make it work..

Anyone know how to help me?

Jono