[Mediawiki-l] Image's Accompanying Files

Frederich, Eric P2173 eric.frederich at siemens.com
Fri Sep 15 14:24:09 UTC 2006

I wound up creating a template for things like this.
I thought I would share.  I called this template Template:Image_Source
This is very useful for when people want to put flow charts created in
power point or visio.
They can do a screen shot and upload the image and then on the image's
page put something like {{Image Source|bla.ppt|Power Point}} so that
others can modify the Image without having to start from scratch if they
just want to add a step or something.

'''Source File'''
: The source of this image was a {{{2}}} file which is available below.
: If you wish to make a change to this picture, please try to ensure
that the {{{2}}} file and picture are kept in sync.
: You can use the link below to upload a new version of the {{{2}}}
file.