[Mediawiki-l] image resize puzzle - imageMagick

Andrea Forte andrea.forte at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 03:38:54 UTC 2006

Hi!

I'm running a 1.6.5 installation on linux and despite my best efforts,
just can't seem to get image resize to work...

I have imagemagick 6.2.8 installed and all my image directories
permissions are set to 777.

YET, when I try to resize an image I get the following:

Error creating thumbnail: convert: unable to open image
`/var/www/html/wiki/images/e/ee/Seahorse.jpg': Permission denied.
convert: missing an image filename
`/var/www/html/wiki/images/thumb/e/ee/Seahorse.jpg/130px-Seahorse.jpg'.

And convert works fine from the command line...

Am I missing something obvious? I'm not exactly a unix permissions expert. :-)

Thanks,
Andrea